Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trade-offs



When we made the decision to re-relocate to Arizona it was definitely a leap of faith. But it was one we really felt good about. I knew there would be trade-offs and that there would be things about Idaho that would be missed. When I see Facebook updates or blog postings from friends and family in Idaho and hear about Fall, about archery season beginning, about a freeze this past weekend it made me a little homesick. And then I thought about snow, never ending wind, and frozen body parts and I like the trade off. To mountain bike through the desert chasing lizards, to watch the dark clouds roll across the rusty red mountains and feel the humidity build as the monsoon prepares to release its pent-up aggression, to wear shorts 24/7... It really doesn't get any better than this! Love and miss all my friends and family back in Idaho, but I'm glad to be back in Arizona.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah Idaho pretty much just sucks.

Eliza said...

When can I be a snowbird? The transition is getting a little easier but I still miss a great deal about Idaho. I'm wondering why Mich said that about Idaho, is she being sarcastic or does she just miss us a whole bunch:) Oh curses, why do I have to love two places so much!?!