Monday, September 5, 2011

Family, isn't it about time?

In my church we are taught that the family is a central part of God's plan for happiness. We are also encouraged to set Monday night aside as a time for family to be spent together learning Gospel principles and strengthening each other. I haven't been as consistent about this as I would like to be but I'm working at it. We are blessed to have family close by and this weekend we have been able to spend time with my sister and her husband as well as a cookout and pool party later today with my wife's family. I am learning that the things that bring me the most joy in life are family related and I'm grateful for my big crazy family and all the joy they bring

This quote shared by the Prophet of my Church President Thomas S Monson shows how we spend our time can determine our happiness in life:

"Near the end of his life, one father looked back on how he had spent his time on earth. An acclaimed, respected author of numerous scholarly works, he said, ‘I wish I had written one less book and taken my children fishing more often.’ Time passes quickly. Many parents say that it seems like yesterday that their children were born. Now those children are grown, perhaps with children of their own. ‘Where did the years go?’ they ask. We cannot call back time that is past, we cannot stop time that now is, and we cannot experience the future in our present state. Time is a gift, a treasure not to be put aside for the future but to be used wisely in the present.”


I hope that when the time has come for me to account for how my life was spent I will have given the best to those who matter most!  Happy home evening  ; )

1 comment:

Aliece said...

Glad to be part of your big crazy family!