Saturday, October 18, 2008

What A Day!

I love the Fall, I think that it is my favorite season. Even in Arizona when fall starts just after Thanksgiving, I still loved it. Football season, baseball playoffs, hunting season, my favorite holidays: Labor day, Columbus day, and Boxing Day. Today was a very busy but almost perfect Fall day for me. It started out fairly early as Matthew and I met with the Boy Scouts to distribute fliers for Scouting for Food at 8 AM (this is not early to be up on Saturday, but early to be dressed and out of the house), then dropping of the kids for Primary activity day at 10 AM while Eliza slept (aren't I a great husband?), then back to the church for a practice for the Primary program at 11 AM (I just found out that I am singing in it with Owen and some of the other boys his age and their dads). Phew I'm already tired. Then Matthew and I got spend some quality time together hunting & fishing which I thought was incredibly fun, Matthew said he enjoyed a brief nap that he got while we were driving (I thought we were making memories!). Oh well, I am unbelievably grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a father, and grateful that I live in a place so richly blessed by the Creator with what I consider to be amazing beauty, and grateful for the times that I can try to share my passions with my children! Here are some pictures of our outing (and alas the big one did get away):

2 comments:

Eliza said...

You are a great husband, honey! Thanks for letting me sleep in and taking care of all the craziness that morning. I'm glad you had a perfect day, you deserve more of those! Love you forever!

Tara said...

Kris, what a good daddy! I just found your blog. I'm impressed. I keep telling Eliza she needs to write a book, I love how well written her blog is. But, now that I have read your stuff, (I loved what you said about turning your blog to a book, gotta love captalism, LOL!) I think you should write a book together, I'm not joking, so when you do I will be collecting 10% of all profits, that way we can both get rich, see I'm doing you the favor here. Now all you have to do is come up with the topic, write it, find a publisher, and voila, you guys could be the next Stephanie Meyers.