Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunset


As I sit here in the sand and watch the sun crawl down the sky into a darkening pool, I wonder if their was meant to be symbolism in naming this the sunset. Like the Son of God was set into the tomb and laid beneath the ground. The light of the Earth is setting beneath the horizon and coming to rest beneath the ground. It seems right this imagery. Light brings life. Darkness symbolizes death, the darkness of the tomb. The darkness that is filling my eyes as I sit here in the sand. The life of the sun drains out in darker and darker shades of red like its blood running out causing that great light to grow pale and snuff out. Like the blood that now runs down my arms into a darkening pool. Causing my once flushed cheeks to pale, as I fall down into the sand and snuff out.

No comments: