Monday, February 15, 2010

Catching up...

Wow, I just realized its been since September that I last posted on this poor neglected blog. I'm glad they didn't shut it down! I thought about closing down my Facebook account the other day because it killed my blogging and it can be a monumental time waster (coincidentally this thought occurred about the same time FB changed its layout unannounced for the 400th time but I digress). I didn't pull the plug on the FB yet because it has helped me to reconnect to some degree to friends and family who I don't communicate with any other way. It certainly puts me in a quandary because, no offense intended, although I do love seeing what people are up to; I really could not care less about someones lost trouser trout in aquiriumfarmmafiaville (full disclosure, I did post my all time highest Bejeweled score, but it was 300k + who wouldn't?). I know that FB is trying to pull in the almighty dollar, which is their right and I don't blame them, but it as my right as a consumer to pull they plug when I can no longer see what friends current updates are without hunting them down like a cold case file killer. I hate to re-enter the blogosphere with a complaint post, but hey it was on my mind. I hope this post finds all you faithful readers (hahaha) well, KG

4 comments:

Tara said...

I think about deleting FB almost everyday. If it weren't for my Scrabble games it would have been done a long time ago...oh the dilemma. I was thinking of your blog the other day, and thought you know Kris should do a comedy piece...you really are funny. Wes and I talk about that all the time. Have you ever considered a dark comedy?

Logan said...

On your home page on Facebook you can permanently hide posts from any application in your news feed. Just click hide in the upper right corner of the post, and you have the option of hiding the person or the application. Now the only way I know if somebody plays one of those games is if they send me an invite. If only you could hide them on other people's profiles while you're looking at them.

Michelle said...

Well I did delete my facebook back in the day but then my sister's convinced me to do it again. Blast.

Grannie Wright said...

OK THAT DOES IT FOR ME. I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT JUST CAN'T DO IT CUZ OF THE TIME THING.